This information is for users of version 4.0.X and earlier of [email protected] and [email protected] who are replacing the simplecalendar.js file that has been sent to them by [email protected] or their Support Provider (see the Product Advisory below for details on the background to this update).
Instructions For Replacing The simplecalendar.js File
The file will need to be replaced prior to users beginning to complete forms & timesheets with 2016 dates. Depending on your preferences, year end IT policies and current workload you may choose to make this update in January 2016 or immediately. The update involves simply replacing a file as follows:
- Rename the original file to simplecalendaroriginal.js (or something similar). This is to ensure that you can compare security permissions/properties on the file in the event of any problems.
- Place the new simplecalendar.js file in the same directory as the original. Make sure it has the same permissions as the original file.
- Ask all users to clear Temporary Files Cache from their Browser (deleting history is not enough, temporary files must be deleted).
Deleting Temporary Files
The method of deleting Temporary Files will vary depending on your Browser Brand and Browser Version
For Internet Explorer
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Del
- Tick the box “Temporary Internet files and website files”
- Click the Delete button.
- In most circumstances it is not necessary to Restart the PC or Internet Explorer, however users should be logged out of their [email protected] or [email protected] session before deleting the temporary files.
Product Advisory – Issued December 17th 2015
This advisory does not relate to any client on version 4.5.X, 4.6.X, 4.7.X, 4.8.X or 5.0.X
You can check the version that is being used in the bottom right corner of the Login Screen (Maintenance or Web).
[email protected] and [email protected] Version 4.0.X were released in late 2009 and we have become aware of a potential issue with the date picker that is used on the forms and timesheets which may impact some users in early 2016.
The issue will manifest itself through an inability to select any date beyond December 31st 2015 and is therefore likely to impact users submitting expenses or timesheets in mid to late January 2016.
While the majority of users will already have upgraded to version 4.5 or above, it is important that you check to determine whether you are still using Version 4.0.X or earlier.
The issue can be resolved very quickly by [email protected] making a minor adjustment to a file called simplecalendar.js which resides on the web server (users should then clear their browser cache).
The file is located in one of the two directories below depending on the product used.
If you identify that you or any of your clients are still on Version 4.0.X then please send us a copy of the simplecalendar.js file and we will make the necessary amendment and return it to you for copying back to the server. Please advise us of the version number when emailing the file.
Please do not hesitate to contact us or your Account Manager should there be any questions regarding this email.