Reports can then be run showing the status and workflow and authorisation history of any form, timesheet or other document.
Every form in [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] has a Status associated with it and this status changes as forms are Routed, Validated and Posted in the system. [email protected] software maintains a record of all statuses that a form or timesheet had throughout its journey through the system.
This means that while a form or timesheet will, over time, have had many statuses, at any given time it will only have one current status . So if you wished to see only the current status of forms you would add a filter to your Status Inquiry of (Current Status = True). Leaving this filter off has the effect of returning the history of a form, ie all its past statuses (Current Status = False) and its current status.
Note – For those interested in reporting directly from SQL, this setting is reflected in the table TS_IN_PROGRESS and the field Current_Status will have a value of either True or False.
While every form can only have one Current Status, the status itself will vary as a form or timesheet journeys through the system.
The most common status values are….
- Issued – this is the status of a form or timesheet that has been generated but not yet been submitted for authorisation.
- Web Entry Complete – this is the status of a form which has been submitted but not yet routed to an authoriser.
- Issued For Authorisation – this is the status of a form which is awaiting authorisation by another user (such as a manager).
The following selection, would for example return all forms or timesheets which are currently waiting to be authorised.
Note – For those interested in reporting directly from SQL, this setting is reflected in the table TS_IN_PROGRESS and the field Status will have a numeric value. The statuses associated with this numeric value are held in the table TS_IN_PROGRESS_STATUSES
The following are further examples of status values:
– Issued by Proxy (New Expense Form by Proxy)
– Proxy Entry Complete (Expense Proxy Submission)
– Returned to Proxy (Expense Confirmation, Authorisation or Review)
– Issued (Generation or New Expense Form)
– Web Entry Complete (Timesheet or Expense Entry via Browser)
– Issued for Confirmation (Routing)
– Returned to Employee (Routing)
– Returned from Confirmation (Expense Entry via Browser)
– Web Confirmation Complete (Expense Confirmation via Browser)
– Issued for Authorisation (Routing)
– Web Authorisation Complete (Timesheet Authorisation via Browser)
– Returned from Web Auth(Timesheet or Expense Authorisation via Browser)
– Returned to Authorising Employee (Routing)
– Issued for Review (Routing)
– Web Review Complete (Expense Review via Browser)
– Returned from Web Review (Expense Review via Browser)
Posting and Validation
– Before Validation (Routing)
– Posted (Posting and Validation)
– Cancelled (Routing/Posting and Validation)
– Directly Entered Expenses (Journal Entry)
– Direct Entry Complete (Timesheet Entry)
– Direct Authorisation Complete (Timesheet Entry)