Users of time@work (rather than expense@work or forms@work) can use the systems@work iPhone App to report time against Projects.
This requires time@work 4.8.6 or higher and is setup as follows:
- Set up a Time activity analysis definition for Start Time (activate for all projects).
- Set up a Time activity analysis definition for End Time (activate for all projects).
- Set these on System Parameters as Start Time and End Time.
- Set up a Form Type called something like Time Slip, including Project, Task, Notes, etc and also the Start Time and End Time analysis fields.
- Set up a Calculation that calculates Hours between Start Time and End Time (you might want to round this to the nearest 0.25).
- Include this in the Form Type and make the Form Type available in the App.
In Version 4.8 you will need to set up a Trigger or SQL procedure to change the resulting Transaction Type to TIMESHEET (from EXPENSE) in order that this will appear in a timesheet (as long as the Prefill option is enabled on the Timesheet Type).
In Version 4.9 it will be possible to specify that a Form Type will be uploaded as a TIMESHEET record.