Mobile App – Statement Of Intent
The next generation of the systems@work Mobile Application is in the final stages of development and is scheduled for release in February 2018.
This new version is built on the Microsoft’s Xamarin technology and allows us to create a single source code base that can be compiled for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile.
In most functional respects, the first release of the App will reproduce the earlier App, but will more closely shadow the forms based approach seen in the browser with synchronization taking place at form-level.
The underlying principles remain unchanged:
- The App will work both online and offline.
- The App will be responsive to Form Types and other related data fields.
- A single systems@work App will serve time@work, expense@work and forms@work.
- The App will be backwards compatible whenever possible.
Version 6.1 – February 2018
- Intuitive Form-based approach, reflecting the header-field, row-field structure of forms in the browser.
- New graphics interface.
Version 6.1.2 – April 2018
- Option to submit images & data for automatic matching to existing forms – such as imported credit card statements , with matching based on date and value in local or foreign currency.
- Introducing options such as selectable routing, analysis restrictions, proxy entry, confirmation, etc.
- Form review.
Version 6.1.3 – June 2018
- Timesheet entry and authorisation. We intend to enable full online and offline timesheet capability within the App, with synchronisation with the browser, so that timesheets can be submitted and authorized in the App without recourse to the browser.
Version 6.1.4 – Late 2018
Our development team is currently investigating the introduction of OCR technology into the the Mobile Application.
We are looking at a number of technologies and in particular are focusing on ensuring reliable capture and conversion coupled with an exceptional customer experience.
More details will be announced in the coming months.
Our mobile technology allows expenses, timesheets and other data to be entered and authorised from any location with real time policy validation and workflow rules. Users can photograph expense receipts and other documents and also record audio narratives to explain details regarding their submission. Managers can authorise and reject timesheets and forms in real time while on the go.