This article is intended for customers of [email protected] who are planning to upgrade their [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] system to the latest version. It provides details of the steps you need to take to prepare for the upgrade:
The steps involved in upgrading your system will depend on a number of factors.
- The current version of your software (For example clients upgrading from Version 4.6.0 or lower should allow 1 extra day).
- Whether you wish to have a test upgrade in your own Dev/Test environment first or do a straight to live upgrade.
- Whether you are introducing new hardware or other infrastructure changes as part of the upgrade.
- Whether you are planning a migration to a cloud platform (either your own, [email protected] Cloud or a 3rd Party) as part of the upgrade process.
- Whether you are planning to introduce any changes or enhancements as part of the upgrade.
- Whether you are intending to undertake any additional training.
The following are the steps in a typical upgrade
Default Elements (“Like for Like” Upgrade)- 1.5 to 2 Days
- Test upgrade on [email protected] servers – 0.5 Day
- Installation and setup of new version in Live Client Environment – 1.0 to 1.5 Days
- Installation and setup of new version in Test Client Environment – 1.0 to 1.5 Days
- Setup Of Mobile Application (Version 6.1 and above) – 1.0 to 1.5 Days
- New Features Training – 0.5 to 1.0 Days
- Configuration of New Features – Typically 0.5 to 3.0 Days subject to scoping
1. Please Review
- System Requirements
- Hardware Requirements
2. Information To Send To [email protected]
Please complete this Pre Installation Questionnaire.
3. Files To Send To [email protected]
Please send us via https://www.systemsatwork.co.uk/upload/
- A zipped backup of your database (please note that it must be a ZIPPED .bak file).
- This backup will be used by us to perform a test upgrade on our servers. When the live upgrade is scheduled to be carried out we will need to use a fresh copy of your live database.
- A copy of all currently used Crystal and Microsoft Reporting Services Templates.
- Depending on your current version these may need to be upgraded and should be forwarded to us for testing. You can find these templates in the following areas.
- Firstly go to Inquiry Profiles and check to see which reports are using Templates.
- Then EDIT each of the Inquiry Profiles and proceed to the screen which shows you the location of the template.
- Your BlankEXP and/or BlankTSH templates.
- The location of these can usually be determined by reviewing the FOLDERS TAB in SYSTEM PARAMETERS.
- A copy of all currently used Stylesheets.
- Example export files from each of your Ledger Exports
- We need this so we can compare the output following the upgrade.