Version 4.8.5 contains new Web Services functionality that will enable clients using [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] to use the new iPhone Apps with their own database. This will enable expenses, time and other data to be entered offline or online using the iPhone App and then uploaded to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]
The [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] Apps will shortly be released to the App Store and will enable you to specify the location of your own web services in version 4.8.5. Employees will then be able to login using their standard [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] credentials.
Version 4.8.5 will allow you to specify the Form Types you want to see on the iPhone for online and offline form entry. You may also specify simplified Form Types that will upload data into existing Form Types for completion through the standard PSW browser. This functionality is particularly useful where for example you have a large and complex form on the desktop but you want to allow your employees to capture only basic data (such as an image and a transaction date) on their iPhone.
Version 4.8.5 also includes the following changes and fixes:
- Corrects an issue whereby the selection of Null value for Date parameters in desktop wizards causes an error.
- A change has been made in the rounding for Totals in a Timesheet with H 1/10 units.
- Proxies are now able to view historical Timesheets.
- Resolves an issue whereby if Document Type is used in Value Hierarchy then the recalculation in Ledger Modification is not correct.
- Crystal print templates now support extended character lengths on Analysis fields.
- Apply To All for closed Accounting Periods now supports Audited changes if Accounting Period is also changed.
- An audited change of Transaction in Ledger Modification with a closed Accounting Period now creates a line with the appropriate Accounting Period.
- Changes have been made to the way in which the Copying of Employee records in Web Maintenance works and invalid “Include Projects” are no longer copied.
- Resolves an issue which could occur when an Employee clicks the Submit button at the same time as selecting authoriser.