The following 2 videos provide a summary of the new features in Version 4.7.3 (including those from the recently released 4.7.2).
Summary Of New Features
Currencies and Cross Rates:
– Option to allow override of cross rates during Form Entry
– Option to make specific currency codes unavailable for entry
– Option to make currency mandatory on Client and/or Project
– New default currency options (Employee Company, Project Company, Client/Project Currency)
– Mandatory Roles (e.g. Line Manager, Project Manager)
User Security Improvements (password length and complexity)
Year and Month labels in Planning (to make the Planning grid easier to navigate)
Approval generation and approval notification emails decoupled
Additional Task Scheduler tasks are now made available for execution from [email protected] Maintenance:
– Approval Notification
Default report folder now Web folder
– Invoice Accounting Periods may now be closed independently of Accounting Periods specified on the System Parameters main tab
– Timesheet, Form and Planning transactions may be separately excluded from Invoicing at runtime
– Multiple Invoicing – transactions with a status marked as to be excluded from WIP are not considered for invoicing, avoiding repetitious requests for skipping
Dates, Calculations and Diaries:
– A Form Type (e.g. Absence Request) can be set up so that Timesheet transactions can be generated in the Diary ledger when the form is posted, for days between specified dates. This makes the management of absence requests (or lengthly allocations of staff to any Project) easier.
– In calculating time (days, hours or minutes) between two dates, you can now specify that non-working days (those with zero standard hours) are to be ignored.
Entry calculation values may now be edited in Approvals.
Successor forms (spawned when a specific Form Type is posted) may now be created without the copying of transaction data from predecessor to successor.
Sub-reports may now be displayed as formatted reports (using SAP Crystal Reports or Microsoft Reporting Services) as well as inquiry grids
Accumulations (which obtain values from ledgers) for use in Calculations may now additionally select data on the basis of Activity Analysis values
‘D’, ‘T’, and ‘A’ labels in the column combo in PSW Planning are now shown as ‘Date’, Tsh Period’ and ‘Acc. Period’ and may be edited in the Data Dictonary so that their meaning is more apparent (e.g. ‘Day’, ‘Week’, ‘Month’ for many users).