We are very pleased to announce the release of the [email protected] Version 4.8.3 suite of applications:
Version 4.8.3 contains bug fixes and a number of significant enhancements.
We’ve made a number of related usability and logical changes in Approvals based on customer feedback:
- Fewer buttons to click
When a user of an approval profile clicks Commit Approvals, the system will prompt for the calculation and posting of modified lines if they haven’t already been calculated and posted.
- You can now associate an approval status value with a status value –
Suppose that you have two statuses for project work – Charge, and Free. You may now associate a Rejected approval status with the Free status so that when you assign Rejected to a transaction in an Approval Profile the status of the transaction will automatically be set to Free.
- Controlled re-evaluation of approverWhen a primary approver queries a transaction to another project manager and the other project manager changes the project (or any other value) you can now specify that the Returned status should lead to re-evaluation of who should be the primary approver for the transaction. Until now re-evaluation only occurred for Null approval status values, and this required that the primary project manager change the Returned status to a Null status to ensure that the transaction is then be presented to the appropriate primary approver. This is no longer necessary with the right configuration.
- Invoice preventionUntil this release it was not possible to prevent the invoicing of a transaction if an approval status definition was linked to conditions in an inquiry profile. For example, if you were to set up two approval stages, the second dependant on the first being completed (and therefore requiring the definition of triggering conditions in an inquiry profile) it was not possible to prevent invoicing of a transaction based on the second approval status. Now it is.
- You may now set a relative cut-off date(e.g. transaction dates 100 days before the current date) to improve performance during the determination of approvals by the Approvals process
- We have enhanced the Splitting tool in forms, so that a user can now split to more than two rows, and also by percentage.
- We have made it possible for the selection tool to be used (as opposed to a combo) in forms, timesheets and profiles in the PSW even for analysis values that belong to a non-validated analysis category.
- We have extended our work on Ledger Export so that names for exported fields specified by the user can be passed to XML and used in XSL. We will also shortly be publishing details of three programs we can provide to assist in the preparation of files for import into other systems.
Version 4.8.3 contains the following bug corrections:
4364 Prefilled Transaction Date is not saved when a form is created and not saved
4338 Override Exchange Rate to apply to all same combinations on a single row when a rate is modified on a row
4328 Opening Project record – Skills tab in [email protected] Maintenance takes too long when there are 60.000 records
4314 Closed employees should not be available in Selectable Routing
4367 Approvals will fail when restricted by Analysis Roles and if the Ledger contains role analysis values longer than 30 characters
4363 After server restart, when Task Scheduler is starting, only one SchedulerService will start, others are not started
4361 Opening of a form or creation of a new row is too slow
4360 Expiry Days should not be always mandatory on Approval Status Definitions, but only when Expiry Status is set
4358 Error when sending Transmission Profile in case Attachment Type is Standard HTML
4354 Warning message on cancellation when not all lines are posted is evaluated only from current page but not from other pages in Web Ledger Modification
4353 Approval Status dependent on Analysis Roles with Analysis Number higher than 20 doesn’t prevent Invoicing
4352 Approval Profile grid is wrong/unresponsive when Export to Excel button is used in Chrome
4351 Runtime parameters for Validated Numeric or Date/Time analyses are not passed to SQL correctly in PSW
4342 The last line can’ t be deleted, in other words something always has to remain in the grid in Planning
4340 Project list in Selection Tool is incomplete when Employee has records in Diary and Distribution Masks are not set
4337 Analysis values are always editable using a window opened from a project record
4334 Values tab on Projects is empty when Access Profile /Access Rights for Projects does not have “Edit” checked
4333 Error “Invalid Column Name” when a numeric activity analysis category is to be copied to a task analysis category from a submitted form
4332 Task Scheduler problems with obtaining a connection from a connection pool
4331 If deletion of a row in Ledger Modification results in an empty grid, error appears instead of No Records message
4330 Calculations with suppressed totals in Inquiries have no total in grid footer, but currency is taken from 1st row
4327 Value Table Definition is skipped whem its Value Table contains characters like č, měkké l apod.
4326 When Unposted Actuals task is executed in Task Scheduler, it prefills Activity column in timesheet which causes validation error
4316 Employee selection on forms fails if there is Data Access Control enabled
4313 Administration Identity Switch is not saved on Employee record in Web Employees
4312 Lines are overwritten between pages when you first click on Save & Validate and during the validation process click on any other page
4309 When we have set up “Submission Confirmation Message”and Error Hierarchy” for Timesheet, “Submit with Warning” windows appear again and again if we click on “OK” button
4308 Check All checkbox is not aligned with the lines’ checkboxes in Approvals
4235 Notes are “lost” / not correctly transfered from Budget to Timesheet
4164 In IE – Date-picker appears in wrong places when form lines scrollbar is in use
For further information on Version 4.8.3 or to suggest some additional enhancements you would like to see please Contact Us.